|(Image found in google search)|
As good as it was, I knew it was unlikely that I'd do better than in 2011.
The big offers seen over the last few years never seemed to come and I had to settle for offers that were in the 50,000 mile/ point range. Still nothing to complain about!
In 2011 I earned 775,000 miles & points. I wrote a recap about which cards I signed up for which you can check out here.
It's time for my recap of Miles & Points earned in 2012 from credit card sign up bonus offers.
For this recap I am counting bonuses for all cards that I applied for in 2012.
I am still waiting for the bonuses to post on a couple of my cards and for one card half of the bonus miles will not post until the summer.
Here are the cards that I signed up for along with the bonus earned:
- Chase Southwest Airlines Visa Personal - 50,000 miles
- Chase Southwest Airlines Visa Business - 50,000 miles
- Citi American Airlines Business Visa- 50,000 miles
- Citi American Airlines Amex- 50,000 miles
- Bank of America Alaska Airlines Visa- 35,000 miles
- Barclay's US Airways Premier World Mastercard- 40,000 miles
- Chase United Explorer Card- 55,000 miles
- JP Morgan (Chase) Ritz Carlton Rewards- 70,000 points + $200 airline incidentals & lounge access
- Chase British Airways Card- 100,000 miles (50K after one purchase, additional 50K miles after one year anniversary & making a purchase and paying $75 fee)
- US Bank FlexPerks- 33,150 points worth over $600 in travel
- Amex Delta SkyMiles- 70,000 miles + $100 statement credit with eligible Delta purch.
- Amex HHonors- 65,000 points
- USBank Club Carlson Business Visa- 85,000 points
Other things to consider for the 2012 earnings:
- I earned Southwest Companion Pass status which essentially makes my SW points worth double in value.
- Two cards gave me cash savings in addition to miles & points. The JP Morgan Chase card saved me $200- I used $100 for bag fees and the other $100 to buy an AA gift card. The Amex Delta card also got me a $100 statement credit for making an eligible Delta purchase- a $2 can of pink lemonade (the $2 went to charity) purchased on a flight.
If you would like to share how you did earning miles & points in 2012, I'd love to hear about it. Feel free to leave a comment below.